Monday, March 7, 2011

An old SMS post

Just a few days back, I was browsing through my awesome phone pointlessly to kill some precious time. And then, I came across a SMS that was saved in my drafts folder for a long time now. It was a short read I had made up probably about 2 years ago while traveling in a train from....., i don't know, some place to another. It was a description of something I saw in the compartment and what philosophical inference popped up in my mind that I wanted to jot it down to preserve that momentary experience. So here is the exact text that is still saved in my mobile phone that I want to share- 



Traveling in d train, I saw 2 kids well below teenage.

One carrying a basket, about 2ice his own size, selling veg. chat n shouting loud enough 2 catch one's attention, n a smile gentle enough 2 comfort d customers and travelers around. Master of his own business...

The other, healthier one out of d 2, but waking sleepy people up, asking for money in probably an expressionless and ignorant manner, with no sign of innocence nor regret.




I blame none nor do I sympathize anyone, but would definitely say..........
This is the difference between earning for living, and living for earning.

No comments:

Post a Comment